GRUB CUSTOMIZER 3.0 RELEASED
Grub Customizer is a graphical settings manager for GRUB2 and BURG.
- edit the menu entries (reorder, rename, add or remove entries)
- change the default boot entry
- change menu visibility and timeout
- disable recovery entries
- change GRUB resolution, menu colors or background image
- GRUB repair & configuration using a Live CD
- Advanced options like booting an ISO, changing kernel parameters and lots more
A new Grub Customizer version has been released today: 3.0, which brings the following new features:
- entries can be moved free now
- integrated settings dialog
- new partition chooser
- context menu
- multi selection
- trash instead of checkboxes
- entry editor
- graphical error handling
- reset functionality
- warning when trying to remove script - or system entries
Grub Customizer is considered a stable application, but be very careful when using it and make sure you know what you're doing! Messing with GRUB2/BURG can cause the system not to boot!
Install Grub Customizer in Ubuntu
The latest Grub Customizer is available for Ubuntu 12.10, 12.04, 11.10, 11.04, 10.10 and 10.04 users in a PPA and can be installed using the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:danielrichter2007/grub-customizer
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install grub-customizer
For other Linux distributions, see THIS page.
If you find bugs, report them @ Launchpad.