CAM - How to Remove and Replace Midrange Disk Impending Disk Failure:ATR:1311776.1:0 (文档 ID 1311776.1)
1. Verify HDD status.
a) If the HDD is a HOT SPARE, the administrator will need to UNASSIGN it before proceeding. Failure to do so may result in an alarm of "Missing Hot Spare Drive". Please consult DOCUMENT 1450121.1 if this occurs.
b) If the HDD is in a single-disk RAID 0 then delete the volume and vDisk before the disk is replaced. Please consult DOCUMENT 1345746.1 for issues with missing volumes if they are not deleted before the disk replacement.
b)如果要更换的磁盘是RAID0 ， 在更换磁盘前需要先是删除逻辑卷。
If the HDD is unassigned, continue to Step 3.
2. Use CAM, to verify the alarms on the array.If there is already a Degraded Volume and/or Hot Spare in Use fault for the HDD then continue to Step 3.
WARNING : FOR RAID 0, if the faults are "Impending Failure Risk High", the replacement of the HDD will cause data loss. The volumes impacted by this fault should be removed from server access in preparation for this.
The HDD must be manually failed prior to replacement. Click on the Array->Physical Devices->Disks->Click on the Disk->Click Fail Button
磁盘必须手动标记为Fail（管理界面里中文是停用）才能进行更换步骤。 路径为 Array->Physical Devices->Disks->Click on the Disk->Click Fail Button
3. Use the Service Advisor(SA) for the Array in question to review HDD replacement directions. This will also show you how to toggle the HDD location indicator for replacement. Use the indicator to locate the HDD in question. The HDD should also be failed/faulted in the SA. If it is not contact the TSC or verify the reason for the HDD replacement yourself.
4. The HDD location specified should be indicated by an amber fault LED for that Tray and Slot, as well as the white location LED if available on that tray.
5. Remove the HDD (wait 2 minutes in order to allow the array controllers to notice that the HDD has been removed), and then verify that the replacement HDD is the same:
a) type: SAS/SATA/FC/SSD
NOTE: the HDD make and model do not have to be the same, only the type, size and RPM.
6. Replace the HDD according to the instructions in the SA.
NOTE: If the HDD firmware needs updating, the customer will have to schedule this at a later date, as a copy back is typically immediate.
OBTAIN CUSTOMER ACCEPTANCE WHAT ACTION DOES THE CUSTOMER NEED TO TAKE TO RETURN THE SYSTEM TO AN OPERATIONAL STATE:
1. Verify with customer that the HDD is in an OK or Optimal state.
2. Verify with the customer that the VDisk is reconstructing(if RAID 1,3,5,6). If it is not, you may need to manually start the reconstruction.
3. Verify that all Alarms regarding HDDs bypassed, degraded HDD channel, and impending failures have been removed from the system
4. If the VDisk is a RAID 0, the customer will have to re-create the vDisk and volumes and then restore the data from backup.